Senior Buyer (M/F), Vila do Conde
At Dorel Juvenile Europe, growth is all that matters. We create innovative products and services for growing children. All our employees are directly involved in the research, design, development, testing, and marketing of our products. Our strong brands Maxi-Cosi, Bébé Confort, Quinny, Safety 1st, Hoppop, and Baby Art can be found in more than 80 countries around the world and it is our ambition to extend our leading position in the market.
Working at Dorel Juvenile Europe means having a real impact on people’s lives. Together we care for the precious lives of children. We aim to be the market benchmark in terms of innovation and safety. Our teams, which are based all over Europe, are fully committed to achieving this goal. Due to our European organisation and international supplier and customer base, employees collaborate with colleagues and partners from all over the world.
The Buyer is under the supervision of the Procurement Manager and partially autonomously responsible for purchasing the procurement items and/or services that have been assigned to her/him, at the lowest possible integrated costs and risk, based on the target specifications and quality.
As a Buyer you will be responsible for the procurement and purchase of multiple materials and services. You will be responsible for:
Search and analyse suppliers in the market. Prepare, request and analyse quotations against the optimum terms and conditions and within budget constraints. Integrate procurement decision teams for suppliers selection.
- Contract management & procurement process
Create and manage contracts with the suppliers to set the conditions for the purchases (right time, best price, quality and service). Purchase materials and services.
- Supplier relation management
Manage an approved supplier base and continuously strength the relationship management with the suppliers, in order to improve their performance.
You will need to keep a close alignment of the purchasing activities with the procurement global and local strategy. Part of your responsibilities will be to support product development projects, integrating multidisciplinary and multicultural project teams and managing suppliers from all over the world.
- Higher education, working and thinking level with 3-5 years’ experience;
- Relevant work experience in a similar position (at least 3 years);
- Advanced level of English;
- Good user TI competences (office tools, ERP);
- Strong cost analysis ability;
- Strong negotiation and communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal and excellent collaborative problem solving skills;
- Focused on plan development, drawing justified conclusions from analyses, and translating these into concrete plans, advice and improvements;
- Able to work according to long term plans, oversee a concrete project, know and recognize cause and effect; keeping operational considerations in mind;
- Driving license;
- Availability to travel.
Are you ready to grow with us?
The people behind our products and brands make Dorel an even stronger company. We are extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. This is essential to our future. We invite you to grow with us!
Want to work with us?